CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza Crust

I am posting this more for my own sake--I need to keep it somewhere so I can find it again. Every year I make fruit pizzas for the teachers at Addison's elementary school. I'm not so good at sugar cookies--which is the crust--so every year I panic over what to do and how they'll turn out. My neighbor gave me this recipe and it worked PERFECT this year! So I need to remember it...

Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza Crust
(thanks Cheri!)

2 1/2 c. butter
3 c. sugar
6 eggs
3 T. water
1 T. vanilla
8-10 c. flour
2 T. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs, water and vanilla.
Add the flour (using all 10 cups if mixing with a KitchenAid), baking powder and salt.
Roll dough between aluminum foil and plastic wrap.
At this point, you can cut out sugar cookies or use the rolled out dough to fit in 4 jellyroll pans (there is just enough).
Bake at 350 degrees.
14 min for thick sugar cookies
17 minutes for jellyroll pans

1 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for your comment on my blog! i'm excited for a new recipe blog to check out! especially from another austinite - love this place!!