CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

For-The-Glory Pie

I'm pretty sure I tore this recipe out of a Better Homes & Gardens issue a few years back. I first made it for 4th of July while at my parents house 2 years ago and have made it several times since. Since berries are "in season" right now (at least price wise), I decided to make it on Superbowl Sunday. I have one serving left and am looking forward to finishing it off tonight!


For-The-Glory Pie
(Better Homes & Gardens)

8 oz. sour cream
¾-1 c. sugar (I use the lesser amount if the berries are fresh)
3 Tblspn. flour
¼ tsp. Salt
4 c. fresh blackberries (or you can use frozen berries, thawed)
¼ c. fine dry bread crumbs
2 Tblspn. sugar
1 Tblspn. butter, melted

Stir together the ¾ to 1 c. sugar, sour cream, flour and salt until combined. Set aside.
Place blackberries in a pre-baked pie shell.
(you can make your own favorite recipe, or buy a frozen-ready-to-bake one at the store)
Spread the sour cream mixture evenly over the berries. (I try to tap/push it down between the berries)
In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, 2 Tblspn. sugar and the melted butter.
Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on the sour cream mixture.
Cover the edge of the pie crust with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
Remove foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the top of the pie is golden and the berry mixture bubbles slightly.

Serve slightly warm (cool at least an hour) a la mode!

1 comments:

Deborah said...

That looks absolutely fabulous. We must try it!