CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Nieman-Marcus Cookies

I wanted to make cookies today (a Sunday afternoon tradition)--but felt the need to try a new recipe--partly because I like to try new recipes and partly because I have been getting some flack for not posting any recipes lately (although the 4 I posted today should make up for the slow pace as of late). Thankfully, when I checked my email today, Marc's cousin's wife had sent this recipe to me. Thanks Sandee!


Nieman-Marcus Cookies
(A recipe that has been floating around on the internet. Don't know if it's THE actual NM recipe, but it is good, nonetheless)
2 c. butter
2 c. brown sugar
2 c. white sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
5 c. oatmeal (once measured, blend it in a blender into fine flour)
8 oz. Hershey bar, grated
3 c. chopped nuts (optional) (I used about 1/2 this of chopped pecans)

Cream the butter and both sugars.
Add eggs and vanilla.
Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture.
Mix in ground oatmeal.
Add grated chocolate, chocolate chips and nuts.
Roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

(recipe can be cut in half...but why would anyone do that?!)

1 comments:

celia said...

Just wanted to say that this is my family's all-time favorite cookie recipe (I make them at least twice a month). I actually omit the Hershey bar. With the addition of the oatmeal they are a little more substantial than typical choc. chip cookies.